In order to improve your Burraco game, click on the button and watch the demo!
The game is named after its famous meld of 7 or more cards which players need to achieve in order to win the game.
Number of players: Burraco is played by two players only.
The Deck: 2 standards decks of cards + 2 Jokers.
The objective of the game: The winner of a game is the first player to reach or exceed the predetermined target score (Single Tourney), or the player with the highest score at the end of the game (Quick Games). A round ends when one of the player has melded all the cards in his hand and created at least one Burraco meld or when the stock pile runs out of cards and there is no side stock to replace it. The score is determined by the point value of the melds you lay down on the table during the rounds of the game. In Burraco, players can lay down melds at any time (unlike other rummy games in which you need to reach a certain amount of points before you can go down or build for the first time).
The cards and their values:
|5 points||5 points||5 points||5 points||5 points|
|10 points||10 points||10 points||10 points||10 points||10 points|
|15 points||20 points||30 points|
A set consists of 3 or more cards of the same rank.
Suits may be repeated, and only one Joker or Wild Card may be added.
A run consists of 3 or more consecutive cards of the same suit.
Only one Joker or Wild Card may be repeated.
Clean Burraco: Consists of 7 cards or more.
It can be either a SET or a RUN and contains no Jokers or Wild Cards.
Dirty Burraco: Consists of 7 cards or more.
It can be either a SET or a RUN and contains a Joker or a Wild Card
Every player is dealt 11 cards. After the deal is over, another 22 cards are taken from the deck to form 2 side stock piles. The remainder of the deck is placed face down to form the stock pile. The first card of the stock pile is put face up and forms the discard pile.
As in all online Rummy games, a turn consists of two basic moves; drawing a card and discarding another in the end.
Drawing: a player can choose between drawing the first card in the stock pile or picking up the entire discard pile.
Building (optional): you can add cards to existing melds as long as they are yours.
Laying Down (optional): as mentioned before, players can lay down melds at any time. Each player has its own side on the meld area. Inside the RummyRoyal application, you will see your melds on the left side of the meld area.
Discarding: every turn must be completed by discarding a card onto the discard pile.
As mentioned earlier, in every round, after the deal, 2 side stocks are formed and placed next to the main stock. The uses of these card piles are as followed:
- A Stock Reserve: in case the main stock runs out of cards and there is an available side stock, it will be used as the new stock pile. In case there is no available side stock, the game ends.
- Refill a hand: when a player runs out of cards and there is an available side stock, it will be added to his hand automatically (before or after the discard). Every player can take only one side stock during a round.
Wild Cards & Jokers
Wild Cards: All the cards with the value of 2 are wild cards and can represent their value or any other in both sets and runs. They also keep their value of 20 points at all times.
- A meld can consist of only one card with the value of 2 that is used as wild card. Therefore, a legal meld would be 2-3-4-2, and an illegal would be 2-4-5-6-2 / 2-2-2.
- You can use only one Joker or wild card. Therefore a meld such as J-4-5-6-2 / 2-2-2 is illegal.
- You can switch a Joker Wild Cards in a meld which you previously laid down and reuse it in the same meld only.
- You can move a Joker Wild card up down a meld. For example: you previously laid down the meld of 7-8-9-2. You can move the wildcard to the other side and add 5, as followed: 5-2-7-8-9. Inside the RummyRoyal application, this is done automatically upon adding the card of 5 to the meld.
The End of a Round
- When a player has melded all of his Burraco cards, has at least one Burraco meld and discards his last card onto the discard pile.
- When there stock pile runs out and there’s no available side stock to replace it.
Winner: Total Melds Value + Bonuses/ Penalty (as shown below).
Defeated: Total Melds Value minus Value of cards remaining in his hand, + Bonuses/ Penalty (as shown below).
|Move/ Action/ Scenario||Points|
|Clean Burraco||A bonus of 200 points|
|Dirty Burraco||A bonus of 100 points|
|Not using a side stock||A penalty of 100 points|
|Getting rid of all the cards |
in your hand after using the side stock
(Referred to as “Winning Bonus”).
|A bonus of 100 points|
*Malfunction Voids All Pays and Play.